Friday, August 31, 2012

Artistic Thinking: Classroom Reflection


Which attributes are most important? Why is this attribute relevant to the art classroom/art education? What are ways I could teach to or include this attribute in my classroom?
1. Technologically driven Technology gives easy quick access to multiple examples of art and ideas. Use their love for technology to design a research project, that can be created in any technical way they know how.
2. Global citizens Part of art is teaching about other cultures. Students are more knowledgeable on the world and what is happening. Teach cultural units. Feed that thirst for outside knowledge and exposure.
3. Participants in virtual social worlds Students are more excited about openly sharing opinions and ideas, especially online. Setting up and art discussion blog that gets students and parents involved in art discussions and more excited about art.
4. Customization Art can easily be customized to the learning styles of students. With the use of technology these different learners can customize their projects outcomes to be created in a way that works best for them.
5. Connected yet disconnected Students struggle finishing a thought, have a real face to face conversation, etc. Spend time focusing on one area for students to not only become an expert at but they also practice communicating about this area, using art, writing and teaching.


Hopefull I did this part right?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelley! As I read through your attributes, I enjoyed your perspective. I can see my biased coming through. Reading yur reflection gave me some good ideas about how to bridge the gap between my generation and theirs. The issue I struggle with most (and it seems to be worse at the high school level) is the face to face communication. I love your idea about a blog or online information created by students for family.... would be great to team the students up to work together , face to face, to create the virtual communication... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. KELLEY! I think that you and I are right on the same page with some of the attributes that we both picked. It's also nice to see that you value customization too. With this in mind, I am very interested in the ability of your students and their attachments to technology or lack of technology. Your students will eventually grow up and into their high school phase and while we are not in the same city, i know that this group of globally aware and technology-driven students will one day be mine. I know that now i must work hard to be ahead of technology and not fall behind, i want my students to learn new things and techniques in my class and not be bored with the use of "old" technology.

    ReplyDelete