
The Dragon Leaps Around in the Grand Occasion
By Zhang Qing-Yi
This what I used for my teacher's choice. As I had discussed in Week 10, I picked this knowing that it has a lot going on in the picture. I also knew their schema might come in handy. They are at stage 1 as they list all the different things, but they moved to stage 2 as they tried to explain what was happening with the people and the dragons, resorting to their schema about the Chinese New Year.
We are currently finishing up our aboriginal art unit, and I really think this will give my students a different style/culture of art to view and discuss. My concern is that as they tend to do, they will get stuck on two different ideas and argue them to death. I know that the intrigue of dragons will pull in some of my quiet boys .
I love it that you are thinking of ways to rope in your quiet boys! Due to my own research, I'm pretty interested in keeping boys engaged with art!
ReplyDelete