Synthesize/Summarize the preliminary findings : Here is all the formal information:
Paired t test results
| P value and statistical significance: The two-tailed P value equals 0.1632 By conventional criteria, this difference is considered to be not statistically significant. Confidence interval: The mean of Group One minus Group Two equals -7.40 95% confidence interval of this difference: From -18.08 to 3.28 Intermediate values used in calculations: t = 1.4506 df = 19 standard error of difference = 5.101 Learn more:
GraphPad's web site includes portions of the manual for GraphPad Prism that can help you learn statistics. First, review the meaning of P values and confidence intervals. Then learn how to interpret results from an unpaired or paired t test. These links include GraphPad's popular analysis checklists.
Review your data: |
| Group | Group One | Group Two |
|---|---|---|
| Mean | 44.10 | 50.95 |
| SD | 29.99 | 16.14 |
| SEM | 6.54 | 3.61 |
| N | 21 | 20 |
I think that overall even if the data did not prove to be statistically significant, I know my kids showed a lot of growth. If we could have scribed for our students and just let them talk it all out, I guarantee there would have been a whole lot of growth that was "statistically significant."
- How have individual students grown/changed over the course of their short VTS experience? I can see the change in many of my students, but it did not always come out in their writing. The change can be see in their willingness to join in the discussion about a piece, their use of new vocabulary. It became evident that many would see something a peer had pointed out, and then change their mind about what was happening in the piece of art.
- How has your focus class grown/changed over the course of their short VTS experience? My focus class has changed in the way they approach making art, they seem to be more thoughtful art makers. They ask more questions about their own art and others. They are discussing their creations in the group a lot more. They have also become overall more thoughtful art speakers.
- How have you as a teacher and your teaching practice grown/changed over the course of the semester? My practice has grown in the simple fact that my students have far surpassed my expectations. They have shown me that they are fantastic as discussing art. I think the way I ask questions and the way I present information has also changed. I feel I am much clearer when presenting things to the kids, and they seem to understand better as well. I am excited to see what more VTS practice will do for my kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment