Sorry I'm late on the metaphor, I misunderstood our due date :( Now that my glue is finally dry I wanted share!
After much thought and revision of thought, I finally settled on the idea that our little art community is a lot like Marry Poppins bag... We fit neatly inside our doors, but when you open us up, you can continually keep pulling out the art fun.
I have tried to make our art community feel homier, so that my students feel comfortable to experiment, learn, take risks and have fun. The quote on the wall reads, "Life is about using the whole box of crayons" which seems to be our way, we are trying anything and everything when it comes to our creation. My role is there to provide support, guidance and resources for their learning. And well the book and the child hanging from the ceiling is how our room can be, a little crazy and exciting.
Kelley, I love the Mary Poppins' bag concept. She is forever pulling out the unexpected and always has what is needed. I notice this connects to the theme you worked with in Hyatts' class this past summer.... Be interesting to examine the connections :)
ReplyDelete